At Workplace, we take security seriously. That means providing you with transparent reporting in addition to holding ourselves to high security standards.
Workplace Logs are a hub for all security events and data. Below is a summary of the categories of events we currently record. Find more details in the What are security logs? article.
- Account activities (account status change, email changed, etc.)
- User login activities (log in, log out, etc.)
- Password related activities (password changed, etc.)
- Admin activities (admin created, account promoted to admin, etc.)
- Domain activities (domain added, etc.)
- File uploads/downloads activities
- Integrations related activities (integration added, removed, etc.)
- Multi company group activities (e.g. multi company group created, joins, etc.)
- Multi-factor authentication activities (e.g. multi-factor authentication succeeded)
- Malware uploads reporting
View and Explore Security Logs
Administrators can easily view Security Logs for their community as follows:
Security Health Score
The Security Health Score takes into account various pieces of information about your community's security activities: we take the detailed logs of user actions we provide, like malware detection in file uploads, password resets and more and put them into an easily digestible report.
To check your Security Health Score:
Security Logging via API
As an Advanced and Enterprise customer, you can store Workplace logs on your local infrastructure using our API. Webhooks enable custom integration apps to subscribe to events in Workplace and receive updates in real time. In brief, an
HTTPS POST request is sent to a callback URL for each custom integration app that's subscribed to the relevant webhook topic.
To get started with Webhooks and Graph API, visit our developer documentation: